Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Memorial of Saint Monica

You have searched me and you know me, Lord. O LORD, you have probed me and you know me; you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar.

God knows us. He knows our strengths and our weaknesses. He knows our virtues and our vices. He knows what we want and what we need. He knows our thoughts and understands them. He knows what we are capable of, both good and evil. He knows what we could become if we put our minds to it. He knows the truth behind our every action. He knows us better than we know ourselves. This is why sometimes He takes things away from us or sends us a trial. It is all done for our benefit... to help us to discover and become the best version of ourselves.

How can we come to better know ourselves? Are we willing to search our motives and change our ways if they do not conform with God’s Will? What is God calling us to become?

O Lord, you know us better than we know ourselves. Show us the way to become more perfectly yours.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment