Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Feast of Saint Stephen, first martyr

Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit. Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety. You are my rock and my fortress; for your name's sake you will lead and guide me.

During this Christmas season, we should be more willing than ever to commend our spirits into the hands of our Lord and God. After all, He gave Himself to us through His Beloved Son, Jesus. He asked us, through Mary and Joseph, to take care of His Word Made Flesh. How wondrous is the Incarnation! Our rock of refuge transformed into a child in a manger. Our stronghold a babe in swaddling clothes. Our leader and our guide come into the world as a little one. This is why we trust in God's Goodness and Compassion... because He became one of us in all things, except for sin and so He knows our frailty and weaknesses and is willing to show us how to overcome them.

Do we commend our spirits to God on a daily basis? What can we do to prepare ourselves for God's coming into our lives? How can we let God lead and guide us along the way of salvation?

O Lord, we commend our spirits to you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment