Friday, December 7, 2018

Memorial of Saint Ambrose, Bishop and Doctor of the Church

The Lord is my light and my salvation. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? The LORD is my life's refuge; of whom should I be afraid?

With the Lord as our light and our salvation, we have nothing to fear. He illuminates our lives, leading us out of darkness and sin. He guides our way like a lighthouse, protecting us from the hazards that can sometimes beset us. He is our refuge, too, providing each of us with a safe haven within His Sacred Heart. When we are wary, He gives us rest. When we are needy, He sustains us. When we are lost, He finds us and leads us back home to Him. This is why we should place our complete trust in Him. He will never abandon us. He will always do everything within His Power to bring us to the Promised Land and life everlasting.

Are our eyes open to the light of Christ? Are we willing to leave the temptations of the darkness and follow where God is calling us? How can we rid ourselves of the fears that keep us from seeking the light?

O Lord, you are our light and our salvation.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment