Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Third Wednesday of Advent

My mouth shall be filled with your praise, and I will sing your glory! Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety, for you are my rock and my fortress. O my God, rescue me from the hand of the wicked.

God is our rock of refuge. He will always provide us shelter from the storms of our lives and give us rest when we are wary. The stronghold of His Love and Grace gives us safety from the moment of our conception to the moment of death and beyond. He is a Fortress against the wickedness and snares of the Devil and if we trust in Him, then nothing can overcome us. He is our rescuer from sin and death. He is our Savior and our mouths should be filled with praise for Him. Our hearts should sing His glory. For He will never abandon us to the wicked.

Do we take refuge in God when our lives are difficult and stormy? Do we give thanks to God for all the graces He gives us and the spiritual shelter He provides us? What can we do to repay His Infinite Kindness?

O Lord, you are our rock and we praise and glorify you for the refuge you constantly provide us in our lives.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment