Sunday, April 17, 2016

Fourth Sunday of Easter

My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.

Jesus is our shepherd. He is our leader, our life-giver, and our protector. He will never let anything happen to us without doing everything in his power to help us overcome our obstacles and succeed. He even feeds us with his own Body and Blood to sustain our spirits through good times and bad. He will never abandon us, even if we abandon him in sin and get lost in the world. He will search for us no matter where we go and will offer us forgiveness if we will come back to him. He also offers to carry us when we are weak from doubts, anxieties, illness and other troubles. He promises to tend us with a loving kindness that will heal and strengthen us even in the midst of our greatest trials. All we have to do is call out to him, to let him lift us up, and lead us where we need to be.

Are we listening for the voice of God in our lives? Are we willing to let Jesus lead us, enliven us, and protect us? How can we become better followers of Christ?

O Lord, lead us to eternal life and never let us perish.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment