Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Fifth Tuesday of Easter

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. You heard me tell you, ‘I am going away and I will come back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.

If we want peace in our lives, then we should seek it in the solace of God. The peace He gives us is a spiritual peace, which fills us with love and protects us from fear. No trials or tribulations can upset the peace God gives us as long as we trust in His Divine Plan. The peace of God cannot be disturbed unless we turn our backs on it. Many of the great saints received this gift of peace and were able to face the greatest of difficulties and even death with a calm and clean heart. It is the source of sustaining strength when faced with overwhelming problems because when God’s Peace is within us we realize our worldly anxieties are passing and insignificant when compared to the love, mercy, and grace God pours out upon us each day. The promise of eternal life with Him in heaven should be all we need to keep us going along the path to paradise in spite of all our worldly difficulties.

Are our hearts open to God’s peace? How can we cleanse ourselves of the troubles and fears that keep us from embracing His peace? How do we show our gratitude for the peace that God has given us?

O Lord, grant us your peace.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment