Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Fourth Tuesday of Easter

“How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” Jesus answered them, “I told you and you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify to me. But you do not believe, because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.”

Jesus has told all of us that He is the Christ, not only through his words, but his works as well. Now it is up to us to listen to his voice and believe. It might be difficult for us to accept some of Jesus’ teachings, but part of being Christian is putting our faith in the Gospel messages and the teachings and traditions of the Church. This is why it is so important to remember to pray to God, “Lord I believe. Help my unbelief.” We all have our doubts, fears, and anxieties, but how we handle them determines whether we grow in faith or falter. When we place our trust in God’s Plan and follow the commandments to love God and our neighbors, then we shall have a firm foundation to seek the truth in all we do.

Do we believe in the teachings of Christ in spite of our doubts?  Are we listening for his voice in our lives? Are we willing to trust in God’s Divine Plan?

O Lord, give us eternal rest and never let us perish.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment