Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Fourth Wednesday of Easter

I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness. And if anyone hears my words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world. Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words has something to judge him: the word that I spoke, it will condemn him on the last day, because I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and speak.

Jesus came into the world to be our light, leading us to salvation. However, if we do not listen to his words or follow his teachings, then we reject his light and condemn ourselves to the darkness of sin and death. This is why we must accept his words as the Truth, his actions as the Way, and his spirituality as the Life we are all called to live. It is not easy to lead the Christ-like life, but we will never be abandoned. The light of Jesus will always light our way. All we have to do is keep our eyes, ears, and hearts open to the beacon of his grace and let him lead us where we need to be as his faithful followers.

Are we following the light of Christ or are we lost in the darkness of sin? Do we accept the words and teachings of Jesus and the Divine Will of our Heavenly Father? How can we train ourselves to perceive the light of Christ in our lives and let it lead us?

O Lord, we accept your light and hear your words. Lead us to where we are being called.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment