Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Fourth Saturday of Easter

The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves. Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father.  And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.

By believing in and imitating Jesus, we do the Will of God. The words we speak become God’s and not our own. The works we do become Our Heavenly Father’s and not our own. And these words and works will lead others to believe in God because they will see His Love, Mercy, and Grace made manifest in us. Some of us will be asked to do little things to bring about God’s Kingdom. Other will be asked to do great things. No matter what God’s Plan for us, as long as we do what He asks us to do and say what He asks us to say, then we will glorify God, have our prayers answered, and one day join the Holy Trinity in a never-ending heavenly banquet.

Does our Heavenly Father dwell in us? When others see or hear us, do they see and hear God? Are we doing the works of God?

O Lord, we ask you to sanctify us and make us better children of our Heavenly Father.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment