Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Fifth Thursday of Easter

As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete.

Jesus, his Father, and the Holy Spirit love us. The Holy Trinity loves us. It is a love that enlivens, sustains, and fulfills us. And although we can never repay God's Love, we can respect it by keeping the commandments to love God with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strengths, and to love others as God loves us. When we love, we participate in the essential action of God who is Love and unite ourselves to His Divine Will. As lovers of God and His children, we welcome the joy of God into our hearts and complete ourselves by becoming bearers of His Love, Mercy, and Grace.

Have we welcomed the love of God into our hearts? How has His Love transformed our relationship with Him and our family, friends, and neighbors? Have we kept God’s commandments to love?

O Lord, loving you and your children fills us with joy and completes us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment