Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Eleventh Tuesday of Ordinary Time

Praise the Lord, my soul! Praise the LORD, my soul! I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God while I live.

There are many reasons for us to sing God’s praises. From the moment we wake up in the morning to the moment we fall asleep at night, God is blessing us in one way or another. He may do so in small or great, hidden or obvious ways. He is constantly showing us how much He loves us through these acts of charity. He also reveals His Divine Mercy to each of us, offering forgiveness for our sins and helping us to resist temptations. It is only through His Strength that we can be strong. It is only through His Love that we can be loving. It is only through His Compassion that we can be merciful. And because of these things we ought to sing praise to God while we live so one day, we might join the choir of angels in Heaven and sing to our Beloved God forever and ever.

Do we take notice of all the good things God has done for us? How can we respond to God’s Grace in more meaningful and fruitful ways? What can we do to sing His praises to others?

O Lord, our souls will praise you all of our lives and beyond.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment