Monday, June 24, 2019

Solemnity of the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist

I praise you, for I am wonderfully made. O LORD, you have probed me, you know me: you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar.

We are all wonderfully made. God created each of us to fulfill His Divine Plan. He created us with gifts and talents and insights that make us uniquely capable of saving souls and proclaiming the Good News. He knows what we were made for and so He knows what we are capable of and gives us the graces we need to succeed in our role in salvation. He knows our minds, hearts, and spirits and is familiar with our strengths and weaknesses. He knows everything we have been, are, and will be and scrutinizes our existence in light of what we are called to be. Let us hope that when all is said and done, He will find that we were good and faithful servants who fulfilled our vocations and wonderfully so.

Do we realize how wonderfully made we truly are? How do we live up to the gifts God has given us? In what ways are we fulfilling our vocation to know, love, and serve God and His children with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strength?

O Lord, we praise you for making us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment