Friday, June 28, 2019

Solemnity of Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 

There is a temptation to grumble when things don’t go our way or when we are suffering in some way. However, if we truly believe God is our Shepherd, then we should not doubt that He will provide relief for us. We shall not want for anything as long as we remain true to Him and do not leave His Wounded Side. His Love, Mercy, and Grace will pour out upon us as long as we cling to Him. He will spread a table before us and provide us the refreshment and nourishment we need to grow strong in faith, hope, and love. If we follow Him, He will anoint us with holiness and fill us with saving grace till we overflow with it.

Do we allow God to shepherd us? Are we open to letting Him guide our thoughts, words, and works? How can we become better followers of His Good News, allowing Him to lead us where we need to be?

O Lord, anoint us with your Holy Spirit and make us overflow with your goodness.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment