Friday, June 14, 2019

Tenth Friday of Ordinary Time

To you, Lord, I will offer a sacrifice of praise. I believed, even when I said, “I am greatly afflicted”; I said in my alarm, “No man is dependable.” 

When we are going through tough times, we can be tempted to lose hope and despair. However, as long as we remember God is with us in all things, we will be able to fight off this temptation to doubt and worry and instead choose to trust in God no matter what is happening to us. Yes, even when we are greatly afflicted, we can be calm and at peace with the knowledge that God is always by our side. He is there as a comforter, guide, and protector and as long as we let go and let Him work within our lives we will be rewarded, if not in this life, then in the next.

Do we offer up all our trials and tribulations as sacrifices of praise to God? How can we keep hope even in our darkest hours? What can we do to help others through their difficulties?

O Lord, we will always hope in you no matter what afflicts us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment