Monday, July 22, 2019

Feast of Saint Mary Magdalene

Let us sing to the Lord; he has covered himself in glory. I will sing to the LORD, for he is gloriously triumphant; horse and chariot he has cast into the sea. My strength and my courage is the LORD, and he has been my savior. He is my God, I praise him; the God of my father, I extol him.

God doesn’t need us to give Him glory. He already is glorious beyond anything we can add. However, the glory we give to God is entirely for our benefit as it reminds us who our lives should be dedicated to. We sing God’s praises, not because He needs them, but because they put us in the right state of mind to know, love, and serve Him with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strengths. God is and always will be triumphant over evil. He doesn’t need us to win the day, but when our virtues triumph over our vices, He is glad for us. He is our strength and courage when we ask for them. He is our salvation when we need it most. He is our God and Father and will always be with us and that is why we extol Him.

In what ways can we give glory to God and praise Him? Do we depend upon Him for our strength and courage? How can we thank Him for being such a good and loving savior?

O Lord, we sing to you and pray that you will help us to be triumphant over all evil.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment