Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Thirteenth Tuesday of Ordinary Time

O Lord, your mercy is before my eyes. Search me, O LORD, and try me; test my soul and my heart. For your mercy is before my eyes, and I walk in your truth.

Not many of us call out for God to search and try us. There is a part of us that would prefer not to be tested. We would rather avoid trials of our faith, hope, or love. We would prefer to steer clear of the sufferings that come along with such ordeals. However, as Christians we cannot shy away from the sacrifices our faith requires of us. We might not want to suffer, but we accept sometimes we must be willing to go through some pain for the glory of God or the good of others. We are able to make such a submission to God’s Will because He has given us an example of selflessness in Jesus. He has also provided us an Advocate in the Holy Spirit who helps us to walk in the truth no matter what might stand in our way.

What do we think God sees in us when He searches our hearts and tests our souls? Will He find goodness, love, and holy righteousness? If He finds weaknesses, then what can we do to overcome our faults and become stronger Christians?

O Lord, search and test us so we might walk in your truth.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment