Monday, July 8, 2019

Fourteenth Monday of Ordinary Time

In you, my God, I place my trust. You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, Say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Our relationships with others are founded on trust and it is no different when it comes to God. The only difference is we either trust Him completely or we don’t trust in Him at all. We either depend on Him or on ourselves. We follow His Way, Truth, and Life or we make our own. We shelter in His Good Graces or we seek worldly security. We rest in His Arms or we take comfort in earthly pleasures. We have a deep and loving relationship with God or we have a shallow and selfish one (or no relationships at all).

What is our relationship with God like? Is it important to us and central to the way we live? How can we root ourselves more firmly as a child of God and heir to His Kingdom?

O Lord, we place our trust in you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment