Monday, April 8, 2019

Fifth Monday of Lent

Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. In verdant pastures he gives me repose; Beside restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul.

When we live the Christ-like life, we have nothing to fear. There is no challenge, no enemy, no obstacle, no worry, no trial, no evil, no suffering that can truly harm us. When we have the light of Christ within us, we cannot go astray. God will lead us back to Himself, no matter where we are. When we rest in God, we can be at complete peace because He will water our souls with grace and refresh us with His Divine Love. When we allow the Lord to be our Shepherd, we will always have a home with Him and He will protect and guide us and lead us to the greener pastures of Paradise.

Are we unafraid to walk the way of the Lord? Are we willing to let Him shepherd us to where we need to go and what we need to do? How can we learn to rest beside Him and let Him refresh our souls?

O Lord, be our shepherd through dark valleys to verdant pastures and restful waters.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment