Monday, April 22, 2019

Monday in the Octave of Easter

Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope. Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge; I say to the LORD, “My Lord are you.” O LORD, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot.

God is our hope. In Him we are safe from all distress. In Him we find rest. In Him we find purpose. In Him we find love and mercy and grace. He is the Lord of our Longing and only in Him will we ever find fulfillment. All the things of the world will pass away and be forgotten, but His relationship with us will always remain. He is our allotted portion and our cup of salvation. He has given us everything we need to have eternal life. We just have to throw our lot in with Him.

How do we give hope to others? What do we do to keep God’s children safe? Are we willing to put all our hopes in God, trusting He will lead us to the best of endings?

O Lord, you are our hope and safety.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment