Saturday, April 6, 2019

Fourth Saturday of Lent

O Lord, my God, in you I take refuge. O LORD, my God, in you I take refuge; save me from all my pursuers and rescue me, Lest I become like the lion’s prey, to be torn to pieces, with no one to rescue me.

God is our refuge, protecting from evil and sheltering us from the storms of life. Through His compassion, He shows us how to be a refuge for others. He shows us how to love all His children, even those who are most difficult to love. He shows us how to provide for the needy. He shows us how to comfort the suffering. He shows us how to be good as He is Good. He shows us how to rescue those in danger. He shows us how to be holy in all things. He does all of this because He wants us all to grow into living tabernacles, bearing Him into the world through our thoughts, words, and words... through our almsgiving, prayers, and mortifications.

Do we turn to God when we are in need of shelter? Are we a refuge for others? How can we follow God’s example and become living tabernacles of God’s Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity?

O Lord, help us to become living refuges for all those in need.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment