Friday, April 19, 2019

Good Friday

Father, into your hands I commend my spirit. In you, O LORD, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame. In your justice rescue me. Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, O LORD, O faithful God.

We would be wise to echo the words of Christ and commend our spirits to our Heavenly Father. Entrusting our hearts, minds, spirits, and bodies into His hands is not always easy. It requires a great deal of courage to let go and let God. However, if we want to have a share in His Kingdom, then we must be willing to commit ourselves to God’s care and protection and allow Him to rescue us from all evil. If we do this, then He will pay whatever price is necessary to redeem us. He showed us this eternal truth through the Life, Passion, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. His Body and Blood are our refuge and each time we receive Him in the Holy Sacrament of the Altar, we renew our desire to remain in the shelter of His Hands.

Do we commend ourselves into the hands of our Heavenly Father on a daily basis? In what ways do we show our trust in God and His Divine Plan? How can we imitate our Good God and become refuges to others?

O Lord, into your hands we commend our spirits.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment