Sunday, April 14, 2019

Palm Sunday of the Lord's Passion

My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? All who see me scoff at me; they mock me with parted lips, they wag their heads: “He relied on the LORD; let him deliver him, let him rescue him, if he loves him.”

There are times in our lives when we feel abandoned. Our family, our friends, our neighbors fail us in some great or small way or persecute us in some manner. They mock us... perhaps for our beliefs or our way of life or any number of things. They scoff at us and shake their heads at us. Sometimes we even feel God has left us, but nothing can be further from the truth. He is always with us and if we rely on Him, He will deliver us from our fears, doubts, worries, and foes. He will rescue us because He loves us even to the point of sacrificing His Only Beloved Son for us on the cross.

How can we fight off the feeling of abandonment? What can we do to remind ourselves that God is with us? Are we willing to place our lives in God’s Hands and rely on His saving grace?

O Lord, rescue us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment