Monday, April 1, 2019

Fourth Monday of Lent

I will praise you, Lord, for you have rescued me. I will extol you, O LORD, for you drew me clear and did not let my enemies rejoice over me. O LORD, you brought me up from the nether world; you preserved me from among those going down into the pit.

God is constantly trying to rescue us. He protects and guides us in great and small ways. He is always offering us a hand when we fall or when we are lost. If we accept His aid, He will draw us clear of danger and free us from the wickedness and snares of our enemies. He does all this for us because He does not want to lose us to sin, darkness, death, and Hell. He gives us virtue, love, mercy, and grace to help us overcome our vices and imperfections. He only wants the best for us and He will do all He can, short of forcing us, to preserve us from evil and lift us up to eternal life with Him.

Do we recognize all God has done to rescue us? How can we be more accepting of His help? What can we do to help others to persevere, too?

O Lord, rescue us and preserve us from destruction.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment