Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Wednesday of Holy Week

Lord, in your great love, answer me. For your sake I bear insult, and shame covers my face. I have become an outcast to my brothers, a stranger to my mother’s sons, because zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who blaspheme you fall upon me.

The world constantly blasphemes and mocks our faith and us for having it. It tells us we are fools. It says we are superstitious. It says we are wasting our time. It insults us for our beliefs. It shames us and calls us outcasts. We are strangers to the world, but we should be thankful because when we are too close to the world, we lose sight of what is right and good and just. So, let us ignore the protests of the world and instead let zeal for God consume us and make us into good and faithful servants.

What can we do to resist the insults of the world? How can we show those who persecute us that our faith is a boon and not a curse? Are we willing to become outcasts and defend our faith?

O Lord, we are willing to bear any insult or shame for you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment