Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday of Holy Week

The Lord is my light and my salvation. When evildoers come at me to devour my flesh, My foes and my enemies themselves stumble and fall.

Our enemies will stumble and fall. They might lord it over us in this world. They might persecute and mock us. They might gain wealth, fame, and glory for themselves. They might triumph in this life and the eyes of worldly people. But they will never win. In the end, they will find themselves on the wrong side. They will be brought low. They will be silenced. They will lose everything they strived for. They will be defeated in the eyes of heaven. So, let us follow the Lord of Light and let him lead us through this valley of tears and trials into the Promised Land... to our salvation.

Who are our enemies? Do we pray for them and love them as Jesus did in his most holy and merciful life? Do we trust that no matter what our enemies do to us, we will never lose if we have God in our hearts, minds, and souls?

O Lord, turn the hearts of our enemies away from evil and to good.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment